Friday, April 3, 2009

Old recipe new again

I'm going to post an old recipe from an old blog on here because I love it so much. I'm thinking of making it again soon. Here it is:

Thank you thank you thank you to Ivonne over at Cream Puffs in Venice for posting this delightful recipe. It is one of two recipes I’ve been dying to recreate since our honeymoon. This one is spot on. Note to self: Do not ever make more than one batch of this at a time…if that occurs, I will be sure to die a gluttonous, joy-ridden death. But I will have a smile on my face.

I made a few tweaks to the recipe just so I could use what I had on hand. Here’s my version:

Creamy Baked Pasta




1/2 lb rigatoni pasta
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 slice bacon, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 oz grated Asiago cheese
2 oz grated Parmigiano Reggianio cheese
salt & pepper


Start a large pot of salted water to boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook for 6 or 7 minutes.

Heat oil in skillet and add bacon. Cook until crispy and remove from pan. Reserve 1 Tbsp of drippings from pan.

In a large bowl, mix together the cream, salt & pepper to taste and the cheeses. After the pasta cooks for 6-7 minutes, drain and combine with cream mixture.

Pour into baking dish and bake in a 500 degrees oven for about 12 minutes, or until the pasta is slightly browned and the cream mixture is bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.

Serves 4.

1 comment: