Friday, April 10, 2009

Pasta Primavera


Quite simple and tasty. I like this dish because of the heaping portions! And there are so many veggies in it, you can knock out 2 veggie servings. You can use any pasta, I just happened to come across some cute, colorful corkscrew pasta that is made with veggies. I also topped mine with some grated parmigiano reggiano. It's a vegetarian dish; the husband ate it with a piece of Italian turkey sausage and cleaned his plate.


The recipe is from Weight Watchers:

Pasta Primavera

Serves 4 @ 6 points; 2 1/4 cup serving size

Ingredients:

8 oz. uncooked whole wheat pasta
1/8 tsp salt
4 tsp olive oil, divided
8 oz asparagus, cut into chunks
4 oz sugar snap peas
1 small yellow summer squash, sliced into half moons
1 can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup fresh basil (I used a couple dashes of dried basil)


Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt the water with 1/8 tsp salt. Add pasta and cook according to directions. Save 1/3 cup pasta water.


Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; add asparagus, squash and sugar snap peas. Cook, stirring often, until almost crisp tender - about 4 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts and olives, cook over low heat, stirring, 1 minute.


Add pasta, 1/3 cup pasta water, and basil to the vegetable mixture. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

  1. This looks really yummy, and I'm a sucker for cute/colorful pasta. I bought some honeycomb pasta last time I was at the store because it was just too cool - no idea what to do with it though lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I love your blog too! So many yummy recipes. Yeah. Nice to meet a fellow Houston WW girl. :) I'm adding you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the FF cheeses at HEB. They melt decently but certainly not like the full fat variety. But do try the sandwich. It's a favorite around here now. :)

    ReplyDelete